Ginger, I beat my roots up a little flushing and refilling, too. My old nutes had gone down to 1.5 and started to yellow overnight. I mixed up Peat's bloom mix, diluted down to 2.3 and still have yellowing. I think I'll kick it up to 2.8 and see what happens. I have to make another bloom mix 'cuz my peppers and toms used up a half gallon in three days. I think I'll add 10% more micro to get more N in the mix. Time will tell.
Glad you got this started, I see Peat is already a member, good deal! Maybe we can get rid of all the chaff and get serious.
Been out of town and now have to go eat. Back later or tomorrow.
I wish BB wouldn't keep bringing up that Mother Keeper system from HGS. I keep going and looking at it, and... the one I really want....
The Complete 400W Grow Tent System with 10 Coco Coir bags...
Of course, I like the Mother Keeper system too.
Moderator. Author of Indoor Salad, Ecigs 102, and the Calm Act climate apocalyptic series.
Hmmm.... Well, the one pepper plant which had never gone yellow before, started turning yellow. So... it's odd that it's that one (mini red bell) and not the other two (red & yellow mini stuffing), which always turned yellow before... And adding Flora Gro got them green again. And Peat did mention the other day that suggested pepper EC's ranged from 2.3 up to 3.0. So... I decided to add 3 ml each of micro / grow / bloom to the reservoir.
That was last night. So far, the yellowing pepper leaves seem just a little greener.
Hard to say for sure that the nutrient solution is the problem here, though, because a lot of roots got broken while I worked on the pump. That could also be the culprit.
Actually, though... I'm thinking that because height and pruning are a perpetual problem in the AG for the peppers, next time around I might cut the micro and grow components even further, and bump up the bloom proportionately.
The dratted peppers mostly set buds on top. So continued pruning on top, is a real problem. Though, not as much of a problem since I got a new Deluxe to stop playing the top-pruning game and just let them get taller. But still - my potted pepper plant is now ahead of the AG one (in terms of fruit set), due to pruning.
So! My tap water is borderline hard and ~7.2 pH. (BB's is higher.) Based on his experiments, and Peat's guideline formulas (from Peat's Guide to Hydroponics, which we'll persuade Peat to attach here sometime ), the formulas I started using last night are (Flora Micro hardwater edition):
Peppers: 8.5 ml micro / 10.6 ml grow / 12.7 ml bloom, in one gallon water (should yield ~ 2.3 EC, and pH near 6.5)
Lettuce: 6.3 ml micro / 10.6 ml grow / 2.1 ml bloom, per gallon (should yield ~1.7 EC, and pH near 6.5)
I wasn't sure what to do with my coleus and snapdragons. The snapdragons are in full bloom, and I don't want to encourage the coleus to bloom, so I stuck with a neutral formulation. May change my mind and go with a bloom formula if the snapdragons stop blooming. They're in a mini, so made a half gallon.
Mixed coleus/snapdragons: 4.3 ml each micro / grow / bloom in 1/2 gallon.
Wish me luck.