Taxonomy upgrade extras:
This is sort of a continuation of a conversation started elsewhere.
I bought some General Hydroponics Flora Grow, Flora Micro Hardwater, and Flora Bloom early in the summer. But my first attempt to apply them, as per the instructions on the bottles (3/2/1 tsp/gallon for vegetative growth) on lettuce didn't go so well. I cut the formula to 80%, but the lettuce still didn't seem as happy as it had on AG nutrient tabs. So, having quite a lot of those from assorted kits (lettuce gardens never seem to last the 4 months in the kit at home temperatures), I went back to those.
Peat advised me that I really needed an EC (electrical conductivity) meter to use liquid nutes well. But I didn't want to pay for one. (The good BlueLab truncheon he recommended runs ~ $135 - easily enough for another Aerogarden or growlights...)
But those AG nutrients kept melting into a slurry. AG said they worked just as well as before they melted. But - they don't seem to anymore.
But - yay!!! BB got a BlueLab truncheon, and has very similar water to mine & GH nutes (tho Flora Micro, not Flora Micro Hardwater). And he measured his formulations for me! Thank you thank you, BB!
< End recap >